Refrigerated Display Cabinets (RDC’s) are everywhere in supermarkets. And their presence is growing, because we want more and more fresh proucts. Some 50% – 60% of all electricity use in a supermarket is now for refrigeration. Consequently, it is important to keep an eye on the energy use and to follow the latest developments in energy saving options. Saint Trofee is an expert in this field, especially when it comes to energy consumption. Additionally, we have experience in the design and testing (EN-ISO 23953) of RDC’s. And finally, we have a great international network in the field of supermarket cooling and freezing.
You will find the highlights of our work in this field by checking out the links below.
- Voluntary energy labelling of RDC’s. This energy label is in use for BREEAM-NL
- We did a worldwide benchmark on the energy performance of RDC’s for CLASP (USA). The countries we covered are: EU, USA, China, Australia, Japan, South Africa, Mexico, Brazil and India. The resulting full report was made by Waide Strategic Efficiency, Cemafroid and Saint Trofee (pdf)
- Economics of glass doors on RDC’s
- Performance Indicators for energy efficient supermarket buildings
- Time of Use control (load shifting) for RDC’s: ColdShift